Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"It makes me feel big and strong."

I love Election Day (the good ED).  On the radio this morning a listener called in and said his mom told him to "go vote, it will make you feel big and strong."  I had that feeling as I walked away from the Church of Christ this morning.

I love going into the gas station or the office or returning home and talking with a neighbor, all wearing a sticker with those three simple words "I voted today".  It's a unifying day in these, the United States.  It's suddenly so easy to relate to strangers.

Ya know, I thought all polls were electronic by now.  This is why I was surprised when I arrived at my place to poll and found I would use the tried and true pen and paper to make my voice heard.  Even with these simple instruments, there were still hold ups and snaffus.  I guess it's just like death, change and taxes, one of the guarantees in life!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Man, I feel like I'm the only one who didn't get a sticker. (absentee ballot) I feel ripped off! :)

The Faucheux's said...

We vote by mail in the great state of WA, so I didn't get a sticker either. However it was what everyone was talking about. I am glad it is over with!

Keri said...

Kyla! I found your blog through Shantel's and oh my gosh, you are hilarious. So are you loving Arizona or what?

MJG said...

Hellooooo Kyla! You look so hot in that leopard print. Seriously. I'm so glad I found your blog.

Jang and I

Jang and I
One of my teaching associates in China. He taught Korean. We ate at a Pizza buffet to thank our Chinese teacher!

His name is Jesse Williams.

His name is Jesse Williams.
God does good work!!

Em loves me!

Em loves me!

Do you remember this, Roselia???

Do you remember this, Roselia???
my girls! man we are funny!

Pretty princesses... I love you girlies!!

Pretty princesses...  I love you girlies!!
I kept it for the photo shoot, then returned the netting. It was fun for a day!




Fresh shrimp tacos!!!

Fresh shrimp tacos!!!
Carly and Janelle

My front door

My front door

The arrow

The arrow
Yeah, like you have sticks just lying around your apartment at 11:30 at night!

mirror, mirror

mirror, mirror
My favorite corner. Don't you think feather boas just add a little something to any room?