Sunday, May 3, 2009

BIOSPHERE 2




Yesterday I went to Oracle, AZ.  I know, I know, now  you all think I have the answers.  I don't.
We toured the Biosphere 2.  Rob was like a kid in a candy store!  It was so interesting!  In the early 90's they had a team of 8 live in the sphere for 2 years, it was completely closed off to the rest of the world.  They did research on different ecosystems, grew their own food, recycled their waste for fertilizer and it worked very well!  Now it's being used by U of A for water research.  I feel so much smarter now, thanks, Rob!!  It's pretty incredible to see in a very vivid way how utilizing natural resources wisely can sustain life...and the circle of life continues.

1 comment:

Nick and Serina said...

If you ever get a chance to go to Tucson, you should go to the Desert Wildlife Museum. It's fun and amazing to learn about the the cute and scary animals in the desert. I miss all the fun things to see and learn in Arizona. I hope you have a great time there!

Jang and I

Jang and I
One of my teaching associates in China. He taught Korean. We ate at a Pizza buffet to thank our Chinese teacher!

His name is Jesse Williams.

His name is Jesse Williams.
God does good work!!

Em loves me!

Em loves me!

Do you remember this, Roselia???

Do you remember this, Roselia???
my girls! man we are funny!

Pretty princesses... I love you girlies!!

Pretty princesses...  I love you girlies!!
I kept it for the photo shoot, then returned the netting. It was fun for a day!




Fresh shrimp tacos!!!

Fresh shrimp tacos!!!
Carly and Janelle

My front door

My front door

The arrow

The arrow
Yeah, like you have sticks just lying around your apartment at 11:30 at night!

mirror, mirror

mirror, mirror
My favorite corner. Don't you think feather boas just add a little something to any room?