Sunday, October 12, 2008

AZ license plate

So, last week I traded in the good 'ol NV plates for the ONE AZ plate.  While I was at the MVD (aka DMV), I had the greatest clerk!  I know what you are all thinking, "A nice clerk! At the DMV!!?"  She was so much fun!  When I got to the window, she asked me to find her a good man, I said, "Honey, I can't even find one for me, let alone someone else!"  We got to talking about men, and she told me about how she moved here from California with a guy who pretty much cheated on her, was engaged to someone else before they were even done.  Then there was another guy who just up and left one day.  ALL we ask for is ONE decent guy, just ONE!!  Is that really such a tall order??
On the counter was a little box where you could make a donation for the "Make a Wish Foundation", so I stuck in a buck.  Then she handed me a star and told me to make a wish.  I wrote something cheesy about everyone having health and happiness.  After we talked a little longer, I changed my mind about my wish so I asked her for a new star, she gave me a funny look.  On the second star, I wrote "I wish for Brenda to find a GOOD man!"  She laughed and said, "You just made my day!!"  It was probably one of the best times I've ever had at the DMV!  So, my wish to all of you is to make someone's day at the DMV the next time you get the pleasure of gracing them with your presence!! Have fun!!

5 comments:

Shantel said...

You always brighten everyones day. You're such a rock star! How are you handling the heat?

Michelle said...

That's funny. Ya know, you really should post more. I like reading your posts. :)

Marissa said...

Oh my goodness! I have been stuck in the AZ MVD lines more times than I would prefer and I have never gotten anybody this cool! And when did you move to Phoenix? Where are you living? I want more details/we SOO need to catch up! If you ever get lonely - my parents will feed you and spoil you... they live in Chandler, but unfortunately I live in Boston these days on the other side of the country so I can't harass you nearly as often.

Cheri said...

Just wanted to say hi and let you know I enjoy your stories. The boys sure enjoyed your company at the bbq. Glad you came. Love you, Aunt Cheri

The Faucheux's said...

Hey, I just saw your blog on Michelle's and had to visit. I am glad you are finally in AZ and I look forward to more posts. My blog is tobndod.blogspot.com. We are way exciting, so you should come see what we're up too!

Jang and I

Jang and I
One of my teaching associates in China. He taught Korean. We ate at a Pizza buffet to thank our Chinese teacher!

His name is Jesse Williams.

His name is Jesse Williams.
God does good work!!

Em loves me!

Em loves me!

Do you remember this, Roselia???

Do you remember this, Roselia???
my girls! man we are funny!

Pretty princesses... I love you girlies!!

Pretty princesses...  I love you girlies!!
I kept it for the photo shoot, then returned the netting. It was fun for a day!




Fresh shrimp tacos!!!

Fresh shrimp tacos!!!
Carly and Janelle

My front door

My front door

The arrow

The arrow
Yeah, like you have sticks just lying around your apartment at 11:30 at night!

mirror, mirror

mirror, mirror
My favorite corner. Don't you think feather boas just add a little something to any room?