Sunday, October 19, 2008

Puerto Penasco

Hola, mis amigos!
We just returned from a quick trip south of the border!  Janelle came down from Reno on Thursday to attend her high school friend's (Shawn) wedding in Puerto Penasco, aka Rocky Point.  Carly acted as the translator, I was the tag-a-long and Dave was the new guy (a friend of Shawn's and Phoenix resident) and bodyguard.  We left at 5 am yesterday morning and weren't even there for 24 hrs!  But what a blast!  The wedding was held in the "backyard" of vacation rental home on the beach.  The backdrop was sand and water!  After the kiss and "I do" they walked off into the sunset and down the beach.  There was a pinata for the kids and kegs for the adults.  The ceremony took all of 10 mins and then the party started!  It was beautiful and very low-key, fabulous!  We watched the sunset and then listened to a guy and his guitar long into the night!  We ended the evening with a little night swim in very warm sea water!  It was such a great weekend!
This morning we attended church and were lucky enough to catch the Primary Program!  Those little ones are so funny!  After that we went to pick Dave up and headed off for our 2 hr wait to pass through Border Patrol.  IT TOOK FOREVER!  We waived off probably 15 people selling tamales, 5 window washers, 3 people selling big vases, 2 purse salesmen and 2 slingshot/turtle salesmen.  Gotta love Mexico!
Of course, I bought a blanket.  

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Better a blanket than a turtle. :-) Much more cuddly. c

The Faucheux's said...

Sounds heavenly! Tobin always talks about wanting to go to Mexico. At this point, I am thinking Canada is more likely for us, but Mexico will be on our someday list!

Shantel said...

So fun! What a great little trip. I sure miss those adventures with you.

Norby Family said...

So I was blog stalking and found your blog! So excited to catch up with you! We are in Phoenix too, we moved here in May after Joe graduated. I hope you like it here, we really are enjoying ourselves. Where are you living? Visit our blog so we can catch up.

Jang and I

Jang and I
One of my teaching associates in China. He taught Korean. We ate at a Pizza buffet to thank our Chinese teacher!

His name is Jesse Williams.

His name is Jesse Williams.
God does good work!!

Em loves me!

Em loves me!

Do you remember this, Roselia???

Do you remember this, Roselia???
my girls! man we are funny!

Pretty princesses... I love you girlies!!

Pretty princesses...  I love you girlies!!
I kept it for the photo shoot, then returned the netting. It was fun for a day!




Fresh shrimp tacos!!!

Fresh shrimp tacos!!!
Carly and Janelle

My front door

My front door

The arrow

The arrow
Yeah, like you have sticks just lying around your apartment at 11:30 at night!

mirror, mirror

mirror, mirror
My favorite corner. Don't you think feather boas just add a little something to any room?