Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weddings, Pottery Painting Places and Adoption


Since moving to AZ, I've been attending a few "Meetup" groups.  On this website you can find groups in your city that gather together to attend local events, dinner, or movies.  It's very popular for people who are new to any given area.  It's been so much fun getting to know various people who have attended the get-togethers.  There is a small group of girls who have been pretty regular in attending several of the recent meetups.  We have all hit it off!  SO, the four of us will meet monthly to have dinner and some of the great places around town to talk and catch up.  It's a blast!  This past Thursday we met at a local pottery painting place.  One girl did a candle holder, another a candy dish.  I decided on a bowl.  I'm simple.  I don't do knick-knacks.  I also don't do stuffed animals.  (that was for you Cara, Roselia and Shan)  I think the skull and cross bones I picked out as a little ornamentation works rather nicely to compliment the bottom of the bowl, don't you?



Side note: **My secret santa, Mike (as pictured to the right, sporting the Christmas vest), has excellent taste, I must say.  For my final gift he picked out a beautiful, snowman covered, Christmas Cardigan.  I'm already for next year's party!!
Last weekend I was privileged enough to attend a sealing at the Portland Temple.  It was wonderful.  Short and sweet.  Jared and Emily were married on Saturday, December 20, 2008.  They were both so calm and collected.  I guess that's how things go when it's in the right place, with the right person.  I'm so happy for them!!!  Now she can get freaky... finally, after waiting so patiently for so long!!!!  CONGRATS!!!  Yee-haw!
(Come on, it's me, did you honestly NOT expect that?????)

The weekend was quite an adventure.  In fact, I think today people are finally returning home to their respective cities and states.  The weather in Portland this weekend was a bit out of the ordinary for the area.  They got about 9 inches of snow and after that they were blessed with freezing rain.  Then, more snow.  And it was Southwest and Alaskan who couldn't get people where they needed to go.  Alaskan, HA!  That's irony for ya!



3 comments:

Marissa said...

1 - I'm SUPER excited that Emily is a Pugmire now... that's progress for you...
2 - Will you be back in the Valley for New Years and shortly after? If so - I'd like to stalk you/say hello! :)

The Faucheux's said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me you were going to be in Portland. I live a couple hours away, and I could not have come and seen you because of the completely crazy weather (It is still snowing FYI), but I would love to see you if you are ever up this way again.

Shantel said...

You crack me up! I love the cross-bones, its uh...so YOU! Although a big purple care bear would've been cute too! Way to use those talents!

Jang and I

Jang and I
One of my teaching associates in China. He taught Korean. We ate at a Pizza buffet to thank our Chinese teacher!

His name is Jesse Williams.

His name is Jesse Williams.
God does good work!!

Em loves me!

Em loves me!

Do you remember this, Roselia???

Do you remember this, Roselia???
my girls! man we are funny!

Pretty princesses... I love you girlies!!

Pretty princesses...  I love you girlies!!
I kept it for the photo shoot, then returned the netting. It was fun for a day!




Fresh shrimp tacos!!!

Fresh shrimp tacos!!!
Carly and Janelle

My front door

My front door

The arrow

The arrow
Yeah, like you have sticks just lying around your apartment at 11:30 at night!

mirror, mirror

mirror, mirror
My favorite corner. Don't you think feather boas just add a little something to any room?